The Mayan Train project promises to bring great benefits to the regions traced on its route. The tourism industry and the real estate sector will benefit most.
Mexico enjoys an incomparable wealth in nature, gastronomy, culture and traditions. Today, the country ranks 6th in the World Tourism Ranking. The Mayan archaeological sites, for example, are some of the most important destinations. Each year, almost 7,000,000 tourists visit sites such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, and Teotihuacán.
The Mayan Train
With the Mayan Train project, the aim is to further boost tourism in southern Mexico. The goal is that by the year 2024 eight thousand tourists be received daily only in the Yucatan peninsula. With this, cultural wealth will be used to a greater extent by integrating, in a single route, the main Mayan archaeological centers: Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche, Yucatan, and Quintana Roo.
Its route will comprise three sections: Jungle with 426 kilometers, Caribbean with 446, and Gulf with 653; and it will stop in 15 stations:
- Chichen Itza
- Puerto Morelos
- Playa del Carmen
- F. Carrillo Puerto
- Campeche City
The tour aims to extend the tourists’ visit, which translates into greater economic benefits and income collection in the communities.
The Benefits in the Riviera Maya
The modern Mayan Train will begin to be built in 2020. This project will be a great economic trigger for southern Mexico.
The benefits that will bring to the Riviera Maya are:
- The setting up of tourist and real estate developments, such as hotels, marinas, restaurants, golf courses, and housing developments.
- An important growth in the local services infrastructure.
- Interconnectivity with international airports will be easier, so the overload of vehicles from Cancun to the Mayan Riviera will be avoided.
- A favorable economic cycle: employment generation, an increase of the population that will be attracted by this, and the growing economic activity.
- An increase in the real estate added value in the area generated by a greater tourist offer and housing demand.
- Investment opportunities.
Southern Mexico will offer huge opportunities for tourism real estate development, especially in medium and luxury residential housing. In some areas further south like Tulum, more ecotourism projects will be seen. Both developments will be focused on both the Mexican and foreign markets.
If you are a real estate investor or are thinking about buying a property, we recommend you to evaluate future investment projects in these areas today, so that you can enjoy tomorrow the great economic benefits promised by this ambitious project.